my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May 5th I put my little sidekick Sadie Girl to sleep. She was 18 years old. Body was riddled with Arthritis she was in so much pain, and couldent walk very well. I fed her a mc Donald's chicken nuggets meal the night before and spent as much time as I could just being with her. I am sure i will see her again one day. That kinda kicked me in the gut pretty hard for a few months. I told my wife i dont want another dog, this was too hard for me. One of the hardest yet most compassionate things I have ever had to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

[/QUOTEi I am sorry to hear that about your pup. I know alot of people think of them as just animals, but they really become a part of your family and world. I rescued my pitty, molly when she was 9 months old and that was six years ago this past August. She's actually sleeping beside me in the recliner now. She's been with me through thick and thin and outside of my wife, the longest relationship with a female I've ever had. Lol. I know it stinks to lose sadie, but give it time and another one will come along. Life just isn't the same without a trusty doggo around and they always need a good home.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you all for the condolences for my beloved Sadie Girl. She was a good buddy. I think the reason they dont live as long as people do, is they have life all figured out. They always run to greet you at the door when you come home. Weather you had a bad day or not, they always put a smile on your face. They never harbor bad feelings, they are just happy to live life and get their ears scratched, and be with their human companion. My suggestion is we should all be more like dogs in that regard and maybe the world would be a better place because of it. I miss her daily, and know I will see her again.

We have a black lab retriever mix. He is a very good dog, I think he misses her too. I just dont feel a connection with him that I did with her. He is more or less the kids dog. My 14 year old daughter has anger management issues. He has picked up on this and instinctively knows to go to her to calm her down. He is persistent and wont leave her alone or leave her side until she does. This poor guy has been bounced thru 3 different households till we got him 4 years ago. I said to my wife the other night, there isnt a damn thing wrong with this dog, but he was rehomed 3 different times before we got him. I think he was meant to be with us because of Grace's mental health issues and how tuned in to that he is. He is a very big help in that regard.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just caught up, great thread. We have many things in common, both truck and dog related. Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures.

Awesome work on the vehicles! That headlight restoration turned out great and the 'cuda looks like it will be a fun project.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed the thread df2x4. I have a 67 barracuda shell in the other side of the shop. All the bodywork is done, when I brought the 69 home it needed so much work I put my 67 on the back burner. My wife now wants either a 69 camaro or 1970 chevelle. 2 very iconic cars that are also 50+ years old. I will have to start looking around. Maybe I can find another $300 basket case like this 69 cuda. The good news is that you can get almost everything new for a 69 camaro. For a 69 barracuda a lot of stuff you have no choice but to refurbish or hunt for better condition parts to replace what's bad. I figure a 69 camaro or 70 chevelle probably a roller cammed 4 bolt pickup 350 with a bit of a rumpety cam, holley pro jection and a 700R4. If a Camaro, I'd like to steer her towards a 69 firebird since I actually think those are a bit more sporty. I am glad she didnt say 69 dodge charger although I love dodge chargers, and owned several in the 1980s and 1990s. The costs for parts on those nowadays, these cars are now bankruptcy starter kits.

Last edited:

John Pippin

Reaction score
May 5th I put my little sidekick Sadie Girl to sleep. She was 18 years old. Body was riddled with Arthritis she was in so much pain, and couldent walk very well. I fed her a mc Donald's chicken nuggets meal the night before and spent as much time as I could just being with her. I am sure i will see her again one day. That kinda kicked me in the gut pretty hard for a few months. I told my wife i dont want another dog, this was too hard for me. One of the hardest yet most compassionate things I have ever had to do.

I know it's a bit late, I'm new and happened upon your thread. First off I'm sorry for the loss. I don't understand how some folks don't see pets as family. Dogs are one of the most loyal beings ever to exist.
Love your work, easy to tell you put time, effort and pride into it. What kind of sand blaster do you use? Are the light Assemblies still available? I have a 94 Stepside I'm working on. Keep up the great work.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
John Pippin, and everyone else, thanks for all of your condolences for my little buddy. A picture of her on my dads lap when she was younger and full of life is in my phone screen saver. She will always be missed.

Thanks for the kudos on my work. As far as rebuilding a second set of these lights, there wasnt any interest in that so I sold the second unrefinished set I had, just kept the one set I rebuilt. Everything runs at a slow pace although every year the rest of it all speeds up. I take either saturday or sunday to get automotive hobby stuff done. During the week it's just too hard to get out there with pressing family life issues.

Not sure on the sandblast cabinet. It's an older Trinco model that's at my job. They let me bring in stuff that fits in the cabinet and use it on my off hours provided I buy the glass media for it.

As far as projects, I have my sons car level and plumb with Jack stands shimmed, and have the trunk floor pan underside sanded, epoxy primered, and temporary screwed in place. All the spot weld holes are 1/4" unibit holes. Will be welding it in permanent hopefully this weekend.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little more progress on my boys car last night. Floor welded in, and fitting up the new rear valance with dual exhaust cutouts on the bottom. It's an AMD aftermarket part like the trunk floor is. Fits pretty good for the most part. Some minor issues with the ends by the taillight holes I will have to address.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that's finally done lol. I love sheetmetal work, fabricting and welding, but the worst part is grinding down the spot welds IMHO. These mega pincher vise grips are a Godsend for metal work like this. I may have to pick up a second pair at China Freight.

On the GMT400 front, I have a ground short in my 94 Silverado that's causing the fuse to pop for the turn signals as soon as I install it. I think it's in the switch mechanism in the column. I will do a little trouble shooting today with a meter and see if I can isolate the problem. If it's the turn signal switch then I guess I will be disassembling the column to change it out.