my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mounted a T handle to my Hurst/Core shifter today. Made the shifter feel even better with that weighty aluminum handle. My local Pep boys is closing. They had a speed shop. Everything was 50% off. Got the T handle, a couple edelbrock carb tuning kits for my old mopar stuff, a mopar throttle adaptor, chrome breather, some high temp engine primer and paint for my other projects and a cool Hurst equipped emblem. I feel like I scored and it was like it was the1990s all over again with the prices.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I have been gone from here for quite some time. Hope everybody is doing ok with this covid crap. I'm still working. Company shut off the overtime, and furloughed a bunch of people, offered voluntary early retirement plans etc. I work in commercial aviation so this hit us pretty hard. Small department I run we lost one guy to early retirement, plus they cut the OT out. That all makes you have to work even harder to get it all done. At the end of the day, after I go and pick up my son from after school care I am mentally drained. Usually takes my first day off to recuperate.

Not much on my truck. Coupla drives in her, and a nice trip to Lubbock and back about 2.5 hours away to pick up "chunk O cuda" for my sons car. All of the inner roof support structure that ties the roof to the outer wheel houses was cut out along with the bottoms of the trunk hinge supports on his car when it was hack mini tubbed with aluminum tubs as a drag car, plus the trunk weatherstrip rails had some rot holes that were pretty bad. Anyhoo we went to Lubbock with a small flatbed in tow to get the cardaver.

So I payed $500 for it, got it home, and I spent about 3 weekends of Saturdays drilling spotwelds to carefully take this thing apart. I didnt want to damage the pieces i needed, but also wanted to salvage any other sheetmetal parts i could sell. I ended up getting $500 for the pair of framerails out of it, and $375 out of a bunch of other misc pieces. And rear frame tie bar, plus kept what I needed to repair the torch damage done to my sons car. I can tell you this, grinding out spot welds with ball rotary file on an air inline grinder and drilling spot welds effing sucks.

Heres pix.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres what I kept for repair of the C pillar roof supports, trunk hinge supports, back window channel, and tops of quarter panels. I will figure out how I want to section those in later, figured it was best to cut the whole piece front to back for now. Going to also install new quarter half skins, so I cut the quarter panels from the donor chunk 2" down from the top edge following a tape line. They can be trimmed back if needed. I pared down the metal for the roof supports, sand blasted it and primered it with epoxy primer.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May 5th I put my little sidekick Sadie Girl to sleep. She was 18 years old. Body was riddled with Arthritis she was in so much pain, and couldent walk very well. I fed her a mc Donald's chicken nuggets meal the night before and spent as much time as I could just being with her. I am sure i will see her again one day. That kinda kicked me in the gut pretty hard for a few months. I told my wife i dont want another dog, this was too hard for me. One of the hardest yet most compassionate things I have ever had to do.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything sandblasted, and primered, installed a used transition pan, and seat braces from a dodge dart back half I dismantled. Built up inner and outer wheel houses on the welding bench. Inners were from the same dodge dart that I got the pan and braces from. Outer wheel houses were new repop steel from AMD. Fitment was ok, not OEM but decent. Had to add a strap of steel in the front as there was not enough overlap to join both halves at the bottom, and the rear part of the outer is a bit too long. I will have to cut that back. Last pic shows final fitment last night of the LH wheel house. I will probably weld these in over the weekend, then will start fitting the replacement trunk floor pan.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheel houses

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow what a great run Sadie had. If the old 7 to 1 formula is any good she was around 126 in people years. Parting with a good dog is one of the hardest (and most compassionate) things anyone can do.

Before you decide for sure not to get another dog remember that there a lot of fine dogs in shelters who might not be as lucky as Sadie was. The best remembrance for Sadie is that she may have made a place at your house for another great dog, who without you might never get out of the shelter.

I am really enjoying your truck thread although you may be right up there with me if there is a competition for the procrastination poster child. You at least have an excuse in that you work your tail off and I am retired. That truck will be a showpiece when finished as will the 'Cuda. keep up the good work!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep she was a good pup. About 126 years old in dog years. We have a black lab retriever mix. He is the kids dog. I pet him and scratch his ears, but the connection with him just isnt there. Sadie was there for me at the worst points in my life, I think that's why we were so close.

Anyhoo, with the west Texas temps now in the low 80s instead of 100s, I am getting crackalackin on this sheetmetal work. Got LH wheel house welded in, and the RH is drilled, screwed, and clamped. It's ready to go for tomorrow morning.

I may actually get to test fit the new trunk pan tomorrow afternoon after I drill out the trunk latch catch bracket, and the very last right angle strip of the old floor pan holding the ass end of this car to the rear frame tie bar. lol.

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May 5th I put my little sidekick Sadie Girl to sleep. She was 18 years old. Body was riddled with Arthritis she was in so much pain, and couldent walk very well. I fed her a mc Donald's chicken nuggets meal the night before and spent as much time as I could just being with her. I am sure i will see her again one day. That kinda kicked me in the gut pretty hard for a few months. I told my wife i dont want another dog, this was too hard for me. One of the hardest yet most compassionate things I have ever had to do.

Sorry to hear about Sadie Girl. It is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do in life. I had to put my black lab Cruzer to sleep 8 years ago. I told my wife and son I did not want another dog because I didn't want to go thru that again. But a few months later my son got another dog for me. He's a Belgian Malinois and I'm glad my son didn't listen to me, not that he ever did. I'll keep you and Sadie Girl in my prayers.