My 1992 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Just looked again and realized they are recaps so that explains it. Definitely worth looking into for my farm trucks

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Finally has plates on it. Now just to get the Y pipe on so I can drive it. Still Pulling blanks on a name for the thing maybe some idea will come up when I actually get to drive it more than 50 feet lol

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Also got bit pretty good by the hack jobbed stereo harness from the previous jackass owner. Trying to figure out which wire did what in that tangled rats nest led to me locating the memory wire by grounding it to the stereo bracket and creating a rather large blister on the inside of my thumb. Did I mention I hate other people's f#$% ups? lol. Come to the conclusion that I may have to rewire the stereo from scratch

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
memory is just an all time power wire. if you can find it, run a new one with a fuseable link

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
It's more the facts that every wire is like three different colored wire scraps tied together and every connection is just finger twisted then taped together with only one butt connector used anywhere that ****** me off. Worst part is I keep running into this in other vehicles. Are proper connectors really THAT expensive? I'm no wiring expert by any means but I would never stoop to this level of hack unless it was a roadside emergency. Some no steam hack actually tore the whole factory stereo harness out and replaced it with this mess.

Edit: :Rant:

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Stereo and CB are in:
You must be registered for see images attach

and finally got the plates on it been driving it a couple days and so far so good, not too shabby for sitting a few years.
You must be registered for see images attach

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
The engine gave me a good scare yesterday, was cruising at about 50 for a couple miles, pulled into my friends driveway and it was knocking like it had collapsed a lifter. Shut it down and checked the oil which was fine so I fired it back up to listen for a skip which I did not find and as I was going to shut it back off it started getting quieter until the knock vanished. Thinking my near stress attack may have been just a wandering piece of carbon cuz it's been fine since.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Decided on the name "Ruckus" for the Blazer as a shout out to the old timers who seem to think my exhaust is causing one :Big Laugh:

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Priced out a set of Duratracs through a guy my parents know at 200 a piece. Not too bad if I didn't have to dump 500 on a new computer :banghead: