My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So, went to install the Caltrac bars, found the aftermarket Belltech 4" drop springs use a smaller outer diameter spring eye bushing.

Basically, the Caltrac bushing won't fit the Belltech springs. So I'll head down to a friends tomorrow and have them milled down to fit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, went to install the Caltrac bars, found the aftermarket Belltech 4" drop springs use a smaller outer diameter spring eye bushing.

Basically, the Caltrac bushing won't fit the Belltech springs. So I'll head down to a friends tomorrow and have them milled down to fit.

What has been your experience with the belltech leafs so far? Great build by the way. Turboed 400s are the best.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What has been your experience with the belltech leafs so far? Great build by the way. Turboed 400s are the best.

Thanks!

This is the first time I've decided to skip the axle flip kit. The spring install was quick and easy. I believe they were $249 shipped for the set.

The ride is super nice, compared to the stock springs. I achieved a true 4" rear drop. The suspension geometry wasn't screwed with either, like a flip kit does.

This truck has 3" front drop coils, 2" spindles, 4" rear leafs and 2" drop hangers.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Woke up at 645, made it to my buddy's house at 8am, he milled the caltrac bushings for me.

Ran back home, was pretty tired, so didn't pull the truck in the shop. Just installed the caltracs outside.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Took an impromptu roadtrip to Arlington, Texas today. Stopped by Summit Racing and picked up a new set of drag wheels for this turd...