My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Dddaaannnnggggg

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Truck is now running via 24x reluctor, ls coils and 0411 pcm.

I've done the whole setup from start to finish. Tuning included. Still have to work on the idle tune and clean it up a bit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!

This is the first time I've decided to skip the axle flip kit. The spring install was quick and easy. I believe they were $249 shipped for the set.

The ride is super nice, compared to the stock springs. I achieved a true 4" rear drop. The suspension geometry wasn't screwed with either, like a flip kit does.

This truck has 3" front drop coils, 2" spindles, 4" rear leafs and 2" drop hangers.
I have strongly considered doing away with the flip and opting for lowering leafs. I hear a lot of shade about leaf springs, namely load capacity going down. But if you're like me and don't haul ****, you're good. Lol. But I'm glad to hear you have had a good experience with them. Makes me feel better about ordering some.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Not a lot to report. Decided to redo my entire turbo kit, relocated the turbo to the passenger side of the engine bay, facing the corner between the core support and fender.

Also tinted the windows 5%.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just a quick idle video, 24x converted 377" SBC. Just finished the new exhaust. Running E85.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Stopped by a friends shop today and had him weld my coil brackets to the valvecovers.

Now that the truck is running good, I'm going to deloom the harness and try to tuck and hide alot of things.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Weathers nice in the midwest. In the 50s today. So decided to wake my turd up from hibernation and go for a spin.