Murphy’s Law

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralph Bartels

Reaction score
if it can go wrong... it did...
Must have picked up a rock while mowing this evening. Shattered the rear window of the burb. Looking for some advice. How hard are they to remove without breaking? I would like to get one from the local pull-n-pay as opposed to paying $350 through LMC. Should I give this a try or am I better off ponying up the $$ to pay for a new one?

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better off buying new from what I've heard. I talked to a glass shop about resealing one of mine because I thought it was leaking. They told me that those were very hard to remove, and that mine might break during removal. They also said that the gaskets around the edges were just about impossible to remove intact.

Ralph Bartels

Reaction score
Better off buying new from what I've heard. I talked to a glass shop about resealing one of mine because I thought it was leaking. They told me that those were very hard to remove, and that mine might break during removal. They also said that the gaskets around the edges were just about impossible to remove intact.

Thanks, that’s good info. I local used parts dealer has one for $78. I’ll have to check the gaskets for damage.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve done the same thing, only I know it was the weed whacker though. If you don’t remember hitting a rock with mower and trim with a gas powered trimmer this could be your culprit. Our neighbors threw a 1.5” granite rock across the street through our minivan when I was a kid. Hope the used one looks good for you!

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did this to my suburban today, with the weed eater. You’d think I’d learn, smh.

Luckily I was mowing at one of our carwashes so the vacuum was handy

Found a few burbs at a local junk yard, window... $15

3m window weld, $30,
3m singlestep primer, $48

Installing tomorrow morning

Ralph Bartels

Reaction score
Nice! I found one through LKQ for $35 and paid a local shop $100. Didn’t want to risk breaking the window on install. How did yours turn out?

Ralph Bartels

Reaction score
never mind, I just saw that you’re doing the install tomorrow. Good luck, hope it turns out good!

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shall update tomorrow, possibly start a new thread with a write up. Lots of hail storms around here lately so glass places are backed up a bit and for under $100 if I can do it all without leaks I’ll be happy.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed Saturday morning. I should’ve bought two tubes of window weld and put a bigger bead. Needs at least 3/4” bead to ensure a good seal. I only had about 1/2” and it didn’t seal completely.
I was able to squirt some more urethane on sides and bottom from inside. The headliner was in the way for the top, so I used some flowable 100% silicone from outside up top to finish seal. We’ll see how it worked. If it still leaks I’ll pull it and try, try again.