Multifunction Switch 97 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M0NGROL7

Reaction score
So, I'm in the process of replacing my multifunction switch (Turn signal, wipers etc...)and I can't get the ignition out. Is there anyway to replace the switch

Plus if anyone has some suggestions for the ignition that'd be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember removing the ignition when I replaced my multi function switch. I had a small torx bit that I held on the top screw, then loosened the screw by using a 1/4" wrench on the bit. It was a bit of a struggle, but if patient, is possible.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So, I'm in the process of replacing my multifunction switch (Turn signal, wipers etc...)and I can't get the ignition out. Is there anyway to replace the switch

Plus if anyone has some suggestions for the ignition that'd be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Insert key, turn to unlock position, while watching the hole in the column casting above the tumbler. When you see the metal tab appear in the hole, press it with a pick, and pull the tumbler out. This should be correct for 95-up. If you don't see the tab appear and discover you need to turn the tumbler further, disconnect the battery first.

I don't remember removing the ignition when I replaced my multi function switch. I had a small torx bit that I held on the top screw, then loosened the screw by using a 1/4" wrench on the bit. It was a bit of a struggle, but if patient, is possible.
Up through '94 you do have to remove the steering wheel, lock ring, turn signal cancelling cam and then a torx screw to remove the tumbler. '95-up totally different column.

Richard