MSD coil issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 years? Lucky, very lucky. I don't remember how long mine lasted, but it was just a couple months. The incorrect plug wire theory is incorrect. I used MSD wires on it at the time, they were new too. Toward the end, truck only ran good when it wasnt under much load and with alot of throttle. Didn't have as much power either. Even when it was new the only real benefit was it'd start faster but as it turns out my old coil was bad anyways.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 years? Lucky, very lucky. I don't remember how long mine lasted, but it was just a couple months. The incorrect plug wire theory is incorrect. I used MSD wires on it at the time, they were new too. Toward the end, truck only ran good when it wasnt under much load and with alot of throttle. Didn't have as much power either. Even when it was new the only real benefit was it'd start faster but as it turns out my old coil was bad anyways.

Lol ya, from what I read I am, some people get lucky and have no issues, I run the coil and ac delco plugs, wires and cap and rotor, its an msd streetfire coil too they make another one

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a MSD coil on my 95. I am having a miss issue at the moment to the point where it is at times undriveable. I have replaced plugs, wires, distributor, fuel filter, fuel lines, and the coil is my next item.

My miss occurs only when hot, and only when it feels like it. and half throttle really sets it off.

No clue.

Shawn

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I have a MSD coil on my 95. I am having a miss issue at the moment to the point where it is at times undriveable. I have replaced plugs, wires, distributor, fuel filter, fuel lines, and the coil is my next item.

My miss occurs only when hot, and only when it feels like it. and half throttle really sets it off.

No clue.

Shawn

mine seems to do that but always seems to be a water in fuel issue because if i drain fuel from my fuel cell and put in fresh premium it runs just fine
i wonder now if the issue is two fold and the coil is the main issue and water in the fuel makes the issue more prevalent

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which MSD coils you guys using the streetfire one or regular one

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which MSD coils you guys using the streetfire one or regular one

Mine is that streetfire fancy red one. I am going today to get the factory one from something in the yard. I need a TBI also...

Shawn

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score

No clue.

Shawn
that sound very very similar to mine except mine is when engine is cold.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh I run the Streetfire one with no issues even got an increase in mpg

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the msd cap rotor streetfre coil and 8.8mm wires. it just started causing an issue

Huh I am lucky then, Its been over 2 years now the plugs, wires cap and rotor are all AC Delco, was gonna change to all MSD but never did, runs mint no issues