MSD 6AL....will it work on 1999 k2500 5.7 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just wondering if a MSD 6AL would work on my 1999 K2500 suburban?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waste of money on a stock engine, especially a vortec with the best/highest energy factory ignition....

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put on the MSD coil and it was a pain. Just getting the brackets loose and having to redrill the holes on the new coil because of all the paint. It did make a difference in throttle response , old coil had 225,000 miles on it. Next is plug wires and MSD box, hopefully tomorrow .

techweenie

Reaction score
I put a 6A on my 4.3l Vortec Blazer. It's the older CPI Vortec. It didn't make any difference off the line, but there was a very noticeable improvement in the top end. It should easily connect up to the 5.7. There was an adapter harness I used which didn't require any splicing or cutting of wires. Takes 30 seconds to connect or disconnect it.

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did order the harness to make things somewhat easier. Now I just can not figure where to mount the MSD box , anyone have ideas or pictures?