MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
A random pic at the marina... (Not our boat in the pic, ours is newer and bigger...)
You must be registered for see images attach

KevinL1987

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like your opinion, how should I paint my tailgate banner, #1, #2 or #3? Right now the banner is all silver but in bad shape.
I think I like #2 best...

(Excuse my poor Paint skills, obviously the blue on the banner will match the truck.)

I'm going to say option 1 looks good. Makes Chevorlet look Bold and it stands out, however, #2 would be another option in my mind.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I'm going to say option 1 looks good. Makes Chevorlet look Bold and it stands out, however, #2 would be another option in my mind.

Number one for sure!

I honestly can't make up my mind and right now the votes are also divided equally between the 3... I think I'm gonna have to wait 'til I have a painted roll pan on so I can see the whole picture.
Thanks for your input!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Better pictures of the interior with LED's, taken without any other lightsource then the LED's themselves.

Gague Cluster

HVAC/AC

Headlight Switch

Interior (Blue SMD 5050 for gauges, buttons + switches and White 5500K/"Xenonwhite" for lightning)

Inside the power window, locks and mirror controlls. Mine has 1x4mm NeoWedge + 1x3mm NeoWedge on the driver side and 1x4mm NeoWedge on the passenger side.

Inside the headlight switch, cleaned it up hoping it would shine brighter but no luck. The light gets thru perfectly fine inside, it's the front plate that is the problem, on the backside of the frontplate, behind every symbol, there are white squares that I believe block the light. My guess is on the other once like the HVAC/AC front plate, there is just that one layer with the symbols or the layer behind it is thiner or lets thru more light.

*** If you don't know how the pieces fit together, do yourself a favor and don't take it apart!! ***
*** A lot of small pieces fall out before you have a chanse to see where they go.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I need your opinions once again on the tailgate banner... I've decided to colormatch my grille and get a colormatched smoothie bumper and I'm also getting a roll pan so there wont be any (or very little) chrome or silver only blue and black. I came up with these 4 options below, what's your opinion? I'm thinking #2... (the black will be semi glossy, as close to the black on the rearview mirrors as posible and the tailgate handle will be blue.)

(Again, excuse my poor Paint skills...)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I say take the banner off if you getting a rollpan, I put mine on and shaved the handle and the banner stuck out like a sore thumb

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I say take the banner off if you getting a rollpan, I put mine on and shaved the handle and the banner stuck out like a sore thumb

I don't agree. (Not that yours look bad without it, but I actually think yours looked good with the banner on too...)

Txwildman's truck. (Picture it in blue and without the stickers...)

I'm not planing on shaving my tailgate handle, just paint it blue, but even if I did I still think it would look good with the banner.
Also like I've said before, I love the banner and I will not remove it.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

*** If you don't know how the pieces fit together, do yourself a favor and don't take it apart!! ***
*** A lot of small pieces fall out before you have a chanse to see where they go.

Haha, I discovered that last week the hard way but actually it was pretty obvious where all the small parts had to go though.

How come your ODO is in km/h, is it a Canadian one? I'm looking for the same one and I was wondering from which car it came especially because it doesn't have a RPM red line.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Haha, I discovered that last week the hard way but actually it was pretty obvious where all the small parts had to go though.

How come your ODO is in km/h, is it a Canadian one? I'm looking for the same one and I was wondering from which car it came especially because it doesn't have a RPM red line.

Yeah, I discovered it the hard way too...

It came with my truck, mine's a special order that was shipped to Sweden and we have km/h here, but it was actually built in Oshawa, Canada. I've also noticed mine don't have the RPM red line... don't know why...