Moved jumpers in vssb and still didn't fix speedomiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently moved the jumpers in my vssb to fix The speedometer my truck was 10mph off and after moving the jumpers it is still exactly 10mph off at 40 mph. I Figured how to do on tbichips website
Please help
thank you

Sabinoerc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently moved the jumpers in my vssb to fix The speedometer my truck was 10mph off and after moving the jumpers it is still exactly 10mph off at 40 mph. I Figured how to do on tbichips website
Please help
thank you
I don’t know much about this but think output to ECM and speedo may be different. Maybe the jumpers are changing output to ECM and not speedo. You might try the guys at gearhead-efi if no one here knows. Good luck

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Jumpers set incorrectly is most likely explanation. If it's the module that has two banks of jumpers instead of just one, you have to set one bank inverse of the first one. Best practice is to take a picture of the original settings before you change anything. Also, soldering in DIP switches in place of the jumpers makes them far easier to configure, plus makes it a snap to try a few different settings to fine-tune the result.

For example here's a double bank unit from a '94 model I did years ago; your '95 likely has the same design.

You must be registered for see images attach

I did discover later that shaving down the edge of a 7 position DIP switch so that they would fit next to each other like that isn't a great idea, as it allows the switch body to fall apart. A 6 position switch will fit just fine and works as the first position in all the possible settings is alwas "on" so you don't really need it to be switchable; you can leave the jumper in place and locate the switch starting in the second jumper position. Gets a little tricky to understand from reading it but just look at the original settings and ignore the #1 position as it stays constant, then consider the next 6 positions need to be configurable, put the 6 position DIP switch in the place of those jumpers. You can ignore the number markings on the switch body and just follow its physical position.

Finally here's one that is usually found in older models with just one bank of jumpers, replaced with a DIP switch. This is from a '93 I did:

Richard