More Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
2500's with 6-lug have the same front diff as the 1500s. No idea on compatibility with the NBS parts, but they're brakes, not breaks.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
just giving you crap. I'll be doint the same soon..

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Front diff is the same...and the truck should have a 14 b SF so if thats the case there wouldnt really be any reason to run an NBS rear axle. But if you wanted to..you may need to weld on new axle perches to match the spring width of your truck. Other then that it may need a different ujoint set up and redoing the brake plumbing for the disk brakes.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Thanks Guys i've got a few trucks/rears to look at this weekend, as long as the one with 4.10's is in good shape i'll probably pick it up. are the front diffs on these trucks bad to change?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Thanks Guys i've got a few trucks/rears to look at this weekend, as long as the one with 4.10's is in good shape i'll probably pick it up. are the front diffs on these trucks bad to change?
if you are just swapping a whole 8.25 for another whole unit then no its a direct swap just removing bolts and possibly swapping actuators, if you want to swap gears themselves then yes that is a pain and should be left to someone who knows how to setup gears.