Moog Balljoint help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anybody readily supply the Moog Balljoint part number or application for the ball joints that the guru's put in their upper control arms for extra travel on our trucks when bagged. I believe they are for a k1500 but not sure of year or options. any help would be greatly appreciated because i ready to pull the trigger and get these parts on order.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
What year? What do you mean you "believe they are for a K1500"? Need to know that too. K is 4wd, C is 2wd.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have read with no success on a part number or actual year make model, that some guys go with MOOG upper ball joints for the k1500's in our c1500s because of travel. i need it for my bagged truck. i have a 92 c1500.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with that one, I have never run stock arms on a bagged truck, I always use tubular arms.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About 10 minutes playing around on rockauto shows all 88-98 K1500's use the same joint regardless of options.

MOOG K6292

customforlife

Reaction score
Never heard of using a different upper balljoint on our truck, moog in general had more travel than a factory balljoint

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just trying to get all my ducks in a row for parts ordering so that i can lay with as little problems as possible. i know the easiest way would be too order arms, but i have already made my pie cuts and hoping to lay with the new ball joints hopefully this weekend will tell if my pie cuts were worth the time.

customforlife

Reaction score
What did you pie cut? You can lay a 20 with little cutting on the lower control arm with drop spindles

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i pie cut where the control arm hits the frame, i pie cut the frame, saw it done on several forums and even street trucks had a thing on it.