mods for a 97 silverado 305 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Here's a link to blackbear's website http://blackbearperformance.com/ I've heard great things about their tunes and plan to get one soon. Also, a good free flowing exhaust system will help you free up some horses. Also, i dont know a whole lot about the 305 motors, but if its like the 350 vortec and has sequential fuel injection then the throttle body spacer won't do anything for you.

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean by free flowing .i have a thrush welded cat back single in dual out. would you recomend punchin out the cat?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I mean long tube headers to high-flow cats (your stockers are fine as long as they're not plugged) to mufflers to tips...2 1/2 or 2 1/4 pipe would be best for duals or 3" for a single muffler

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
removing the vortec box on top the throttle body is a good start.....It reduces turbulence inside the air tube. Makes a more direct path for it to follow. I also got a lil noise out of it too. I had my truck like that for years till I bought my volant cold air. Now my old set up is on my v6 2wd truck.

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i did the intake silencer thing it accels faster from 50 to 80 but it takes a while to get to 100 it stays at 90 and slowly climbs what else could i do i have the e3 plugs which are great noticable differance, k&n air filter, singal in dual out 2.5in cat back with a thrush welded, i have 3.73 gears i did the throtle blade trim. im just wondering what i could do now to make it go better and faster. im pulling solid 12.0s in the 1/8 mile my best time was 11.9 cant get enough speed! i want more!!!!!

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Like I said, completing your exhaust system with long tube headers and a bigger mid-pipe will be a good mod, and the best bang for your buck will be a custom tune from a place like Blackbear Performance