mods for a 97 silverado 305 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did the throttle body blade trim like this
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111975
i was wondering if there was anymore mods that i could do at home for pretty cheap to free up a few extra ponies i have the e3 plugs performance wires cap & button and a K&N air filter my only problem is that it is a crate engine and trans and they are both still under warrentee so i cant do anything internal so if you have any ideas let me know next im thinking is a electronic fan

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i did the throttle body blade trim like this
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111975
i was wondering if there was anymore mods that i could do at home for pretty cheap to free up a few extra ponies i have the e3 plugs performance wires cap & button and a K&N air filter my only problem is that it is a crate engine and trans and they are both still under warrentee so i cant do anything internal so if you have any ideas let me know next im thinking is a electronic fan

cold air intake throttle body spacer and a blackbear tune

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the blackbear tune thing and if i do the cold air intake i have to mess with my computer dont i? and i can but a throttle body spacer of a vortec? my friends dad did it and it just kept stalling

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
blackbear tune is a custom computer tune which you an do alot with you can delete your 02 sensors from the computer you can delete your egr valve and much much more and people have had no problems with spacer that i know of and a cold air intake is bolt on with no problems

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
where can i get the black bear tune and is it a one time deal or can i do my old truck with it after i do my blue truck