Metal sport mirror prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I currently have the cheap plastic ones and my only complaint is there is wind noise not awful but noticeable. I am looking for metal ones now before they become even more difficult to come my. Any tips on what to look for to make sure they are factory?
I think that wind noise is probably coming from the poor fit of the base to the door; I seem to recall being unhappy with a gap there because the plastic wouldn't sit tight against the door.

Telling OEM apart from repro metal ones (long distance) might be tricky. I'd assume there's a GM part # on the backside of the OEM units but I don't have that # handy; shouldn't be too hard to find. The appearance difference I'm talking about is at the outer edge of the mirror, the curved part, the radius seemed softer on the OEM's, if that makes sense. There's very little difference between the two and I was perfectly happy with the repros, and I am pretty picky on stuff like that.

Richard