Metal sill plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody ever found a set of metal sill plates for a reasonable price? Nothing fancy, just something durable to replace my broken plastic ones.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Only ones I've seen are billet, & they're more trouble to keep looking good than what they're worth. But that's just me & my OCD!

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see that. Those are expensive too. Im thinking about cutting some strips of galvanized steel and just 3M taping them on top of my busted plastic plates. just to save on wear and tear if nothing else.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
you could put a stip onto and screw it down through the holes in the plastic plate, then it would hold better and everything, i'd use 1/8" dimond plate and some flat head stainless screws. would look real nice

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good idea! If I do that and countersink some holes, that could come out real nice. And be easier to remove if needed. Maybe Ill do that and then drop a little cash on the smooth stainless threshold plates... hmmm...

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I first got my truck it had some polished aluminum ones not the billet ones these were stamped
might try stylin concepts

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Good idea! If I do that and countersink some holes, that could come out real nice. And be easier to remove if needed. Maybe Ill do that and then drop a little cash on the smooth stainless threshold plates... hmmm...
that would look pretty good.