Mechanical gauge set on a 350 setup tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering to put in some mechanical gauges in the truck,but the oil pressure gauge line is ran to the oil switch plug i think that is what it was called right behide the disturbor.I thought if i took that out it would mess with the ecu,is this true or will it just be fine?I just need some advice on how to do this the right why on a tbi 350 ,just dont what too rig stuff up to work i what it done right thanks guy

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
that sensor controls the fuel pump too.. if it reads zero psi, it will kick the fuel pump off... that would be the case in a roll over...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
t fitting or hook it to another spot, or move the pressure sending unit elsewhere, like above the oil filter, there's a spot there for one.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that sensor controls the fuel pump too.. if it reads zero psi, it will kick the fuel pump off... that would be the case in a roll over...

that cant be true at least not in my case i had a 93 k1500 blazer 4x4 replace the trans and when i was taking the bolts out of the bellhousing i broke the oil pressure sending unit by dizzy and when i got the new one in drove i down the road and seen the gauge at 0 and i killed it and after a moment of thought looked at the send and sure enough broke cranked it up and drove home

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i did some reseachon it and i can run mechanical gauges instead of the stock ones.I can put the oil one were the stock one is ,above the oil filter and run it that way.The temp gauge i can run to the stock one too,the stock gauges have there own spot and i was told they were just gauges is this true?If i can just run strait mechanical gauges instead of the stock onne this well be better on trials and driving down the road.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes you can run mech. guages I got them on my truck and ditched the stockers, my fuel pump thing for low oil pressure aint even hooked up but it should be.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So leave the oil switch alone and just take the stock gauges out and run machical,what about trans gauges how woulnd you run one othese in a truck