Mark VIII Fan wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlarson69

Reaction score
I just got a Tbird fan and a volvo controller out of the junkyard. I was thinking instead of running the BMW temp sensor, I would run just a single temperature switch and install it in my passenger side head. ACDelco D1855B turns on at 210 degrees and turns off at 200 and has 3/8" NPT threads. With my clutch fan my engine runs right at 200 degrees and I think I'd like it to stay there. It seems with the BMW 195 temp switch that the fans would run all the time in the summer. Most stock efans don't turn on until 230 degrees.
I could run one lead from the AC compressor to a relay which would switch the negative side of the volvo relay to turn the fan to high speed with the AC running. I think I would also run a manual toggle switch to turn on the high speed by running it in parallel to the AC relay. Low speed I'd run it off the single temp switch. Thoughts?