manual transfer case lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after ripping up my carpet for replacement, it came to a surprise to me that even with a automatic 4x4 on my 98 tahoe, the lighting wires and bulbs connecters for the floor shifter are still there just unused. My previous blazers had the floorX4 shifter and i recall 2 lights one for 2wd and the other to show 4x4 was engaged. i put a DMM on the checked both grounds good, but only one i could get voltage reading on. the black and grey wire, the other non working one is black and black/white.

the manual calls this second light the selectable four-wheel drive indication lamp, it appears that it is powered from the VCM via a front axle actuator
I engaged the 4 hi and 4 low and took voltage readings but still nothing.

it doesnt look like this 1695(blk/wht) wire is going to be much use, any thoughts

Attachments

• fx4.PNG
    fx4.PNG
    121 KB · Views: 10
  • 4wdlamp.PNG
    4wdlamp.PNG
    134.2 KB · Views: 10
  • tran.PNG
    tran.PNG
    124.1 KB · Views: 10

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The power for the position switch on the back of the axle is routed to the push button switch instead of the floor mount, therefore making the black/black&white wire N/F and/or vestigial?