Magnaflow 23453 or Flowmaster 2010023 cat system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runerock

Reaction score
Vitals:
Tahoe
2door
HT383E engine

I've been looking at getting a better flowing system from the manifolds back. I'm fairly well decided to use the Gibson 615501 for the cat back, but can't decide on what cat system to put in between the manifolds and the Gibson. The manifolds are staying on. Thank for any input

Runerock

Reaction score
Due to the overwhelming response, I read as many reviews on cats and cat systems as I could find. I ordered the Flowmaster system to go with the Gibson cat-back. I'll try to post an update after the install or after the install plus some programming/turning.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The manifolds on that might as well be corks. They do not flow well at all and tend to encourage detonation by dumping heat into the cylinder heads.

Runerock

Reaction score
Have to? No. I looked at that and for a few hundred more I'd rather pollute less and be able to use the warranty on my GM Performance motor.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I would've picked the Flowmaster as well. I've had two of the Magnaflow single cat/Y-pipe assemblies for the V6 trucks fail internally and start rattling.

Let us know how you like the Flowmaster when you get it installed, I've been thinking about going that route whenever I decide I can't stand the second Magnaflow rattling any more.