MAACO (HONEST OPINIONS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Ok so i know this question has been asked before but i need some encouragement or discouragement on the subject , FIRST off i dont have 4+ thousand to spend on a REAL paintjob and i know different Maacos very but i need your honest opinion on things to look for or prep work i should do ECT... i can afford there Highest package which i think is a little over a grand. im thinking either a gloss black or matte black ? do you think its worth it?

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to be honest around here the $450 paint job is the best paint job your gonna get for the money. there tape lines arent the best and i would sand and primer any rough spots before taking it.

DonYukon

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. well thats the issue its that the whole truck is pretty rough , lots of little imperfections add up, im not to worried with tape as im taking everything off that i can headlights tailights gaurds ECT... i just cant justify that much for paint IMO 4gs is almost what shes worth not to me but bluebook value

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
then id prolly sand it down as smooth as you could and get the cheapest package. looks as if you offroad alot so i wouldnt worry about it too much

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There not bad I have a few friends that have done all the prep work themselvesand have gone there to have there trucks painted and have turned out nice.

homerun

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the other guys do your own prep work and maybe add a extra clear coat

DonYukon

Reaction score
yea idk i mean i want it done right and i know you get what you pay for , idk i might give it a shot hell it would look better than it does now thats for sure

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It also depends on if the painter that MAACO has is any good, then the paint job will come out decent.