lug nut size, suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes you want to be sure that the lug nuts have the conical taper on the open end, like you need for steel wheels. The size b454rat said sounds right; I know they use a 22mm or 7/8" socket.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah 14mm x 1.5mm thread pitch, 60 degree conical seat (60 degree being the overwhelming majority of conical seat lug nuts anyway...)

For stock wheel studs and those factory wheels the regular (non-duplex) length would be correct.

What specific lug you choose probably has more to do with what type of center cap you want to use. If you're gonna use the factory plastic caps you'll need the OEM lugs that have the external threads, since the black plastic lug caps screw onto those to retain the center cap. Be aware there are a few different designs of those black plastic caps..

What centers did you have in mind?

Richard

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the wheels and centers I am using. The centers are held on by screws to the rim. I need closed end nuts like the sample picture, right? Stock stud length? M14X1.5 AND WHAT LENGTH?
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
These are the wheels and centers I am using. The centers are held on by screws to the rim. I need closed end nuts like the sample picture, right? Stock stud length? M14X1.5 AND WHAT LENGTH?
I think those are plenty long enough, but I'd like to hear some more people chime in on this. The center caps you have are the later square body style. The earlier one doesn't have notches in it for the lugs and it is held on by bolts from the backside. Last square Burb I had was in 2012, and it had stock skinny steelies with the flat hubcaps (was an R2500).
Was gonna put PY0s on it but the fuel pump crapped out first. Truck sat for too long and rusted bad so away he went.....
Measure the thickness of the wheel without the center cap, and measure the length of the factory studs. You want a little room on a closed end lug nut, but not where they stick out past the center cap. Really don't want them to bottom out too soon though....

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those should fit. The lug opening around the center cap is large enough where the lug doesn’t hit it. I have stock open faced on mine, the base is huge and doesn’t interfere with anything.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those are nearly 2" long and are considered duplex (the length) .. that's why I said non-duplex; unless you want them poking out looking super long like that.

Richard

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of McGard lug nuts. Have them on my trucks, cars, and hot rods alike. Solid one-piece design and I have yet to see them strip or rust. I use the longer ones on my truck because I have aftermarket cast aluminum wheels. I'd measure to be sure, but you can probably get away with the shorter ones with steelies. :waytogo: