Lt1 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigd

Reaction score
Ok I'm new to the forum. I just traded my 85 c10 tubbed and slammed truck for my new love a stepside 90 with tbi 5.7, first off this is gonna be my next project truck it will be a street sleeper with maybe the trip to the track every now and again. I've tried searching and couldn't find anything on here about the swap and I know this area says lsx but I didn't know where to put this. So has anyone on here done this already. Also I'm not gonna go ls because I can't afford it. If this can't be done I may just build a SB 400 if I can find one. So all and any advice is grateful!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a member on here named "Tinbender" iirc, that did a LT1 Swap into a ECSB. You may want to go through the members trucks section and see if you can find his build! It can be done anyhow!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Ok I'm new to the forum. I just traded my 85 c10 tubbed and slammed truck for my new love a stepside 90 with tbi 5.7, first off this is gonna be my next project truck it will be a street sleeper with maybe the trip to the track every now and again. I've tried searching and couldn't find anything on here about the swap and I know this area says lsx but I didn't know where to put this. So has anyone on here done this already. Also I'm not gonna go ls because I can't afford it. If this can't be done I may just build a SB 400 if I can find one. So all and any advice is grateful!

I can get you into a full blown LS swap for $3500... cammed and stalled.. Was gonna put it into my 93 but pulled the plug on the project.

Bigd

Reaction score
Thanks yall I sent him a pm. My 90 shouldn't be near as difficult cause I don't have all the wiring like the 96-98 trucks. And wagonbacker brother if you can talk the state of georgia into paying me more ill buy it I'd love to go ls. But I can get a wiring harness Ecu and complete lt1 with 80,000 for 550.00 and I may know where one is that has a slight rattle I can pick up cheaper to build a stroked motor.

Last edited: