Lowering shackles with lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratrod312

Reaction score
So I have a lowering shackle in the rear of my 1992 C1500 to make the truck sit level. However I am adding a 4" lift kit including lift spindles and a 4" rear lift block. Will this work fine with the lowering shackle? Or should I get a 2 inch block, and go back to a stock rear shackle? Has anyone done this before? I just worry about vibrations and whatnot...thanks!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
So you want a 4" block and a 2" lowering shackle? Just go to the 2" block and stock shackles. You can sell the 4" blocks on ebay and lowering shackles and recoup all or more of the money and you'll have a better suspension.

Ratrod312

Reaction score
So you want a 4" block and a 2" lowering shackle? Just go to the 2" block and stock shackles. You can sell the 4" blocks on ebay and lowering shackles and recoup all or more of the money and you'll have a better suspension.
I got the 4" lift spindles and 4" block for almost no money, off a truck in the junkyard. My concern is the lowering shackles combined with a lift block may cause the geometry to be off and cause vibrations or other issues. Maybe I am thinking wrong here?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 2" lowering shackle and a 4" straight block will give you a 2" lift in the rear. You're overthinking things.

A 2" lowering shackle and a 4" tapered block will give you a 2" lift in the rear AND may be beneficial to driveshaft angles. Again, you're probably overthinking.

I kinda wish you told us which rear block you have...but install them and test drive. It's the only way to know for sure.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going up to go down doesn't make sense.
No it doesnt.

But if someone already has the lowered shackles installed, and the stock length OE ones are long gone, AND gets a great deal on a lift, I suppose someone could just use what he has.

And ask questions about it here.

I suppose someone could also take the OE shackles from the lifted truck and eliminate the worry about the "vibrations and whatnot"

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Bigger blocks give more axle wrap. And there is a way to check driveshaft angles, its called an angle gauge

You must be registered for see images attach

Or if your cheap like me, this will get you in the ballpark

Ratrod312

Reaction score
No it doesnt.

But if someone already has the lowered shackles installed, and the stock length OE ones are long gone, AND gets a great deal on a lift, I suppose someone could just use what he has.

And ask questions about it here.

I suppose someone could also take the OE shackles from the lifted truck and eliminate the worry about the "vibrations and whatnot"
Thank you, this is the case.

Ratrod312

Reaction score
A 2" lowering shackle and a 4" straight block will give you a 2" lift in the rear. You're overthinking things.

A 2" lowering shackle and a 4" tapered block will give you a 2" lift in the rear AND may be beneficial to driveshaft angles. Again, you're probably overthinking.

I kinda wish you told us which rear block you have...but install them and test drive. It's the only way to know for sure.