What lift kit with Bilstein 5100s? (1998 K1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trullss

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've settled on Bilstein 5100s for my '98 K1500. I'm curious as to what lift kit will work well with them. I've heard Rough Country may or may not have issues as far as compatibility goes, but I'm not sure if that is true. I've also looked at Tuff Country and a few other companies.

What lifts are you guys running with your Bilstein 5100s? I'm only planning a 4" since it will give me enough clearance for weekend driving, but be manageable for day-to-day stuff. Not to mention, I don't need 35s, so 6" seems overkill.

Are there any other parts I should look into buying? Anything that will make install nicer, or parts that I'll need to make this work in practice?

Thanks!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think its really gonna matter what kit you go with. RCX is a good lift, TC used to be as well. I have the front end tore off my truck to put a Superlift on, but with all the small BS stuff that need to do, along with completely rebuilding the front end, I'm seriously contemplating SAS'n it. I'd have it done in about a day.....Too many moving parts with IFS....

trullss

Reaction score
I don't think its really gonna matter what kit you go with. RCX is a good lift, TC used to be as well. I have the front end tore off my truck to put a Superlift on, but with all the small BS stuff that need to do, along with completely rebuilding the front end, I'm seriously contemplating SAS'n it. I'd have it done in about a day.....Too many moving parts with IFS....
Fair.

It's my daily driver at the moment, so SAS is a no-go for me personally. I've been looking at the K270B from Superlift as well. I'd be snagging new rear leaf springs, but it looks like they include Bilstein 5100's in their kit, and some online vendors are selling them for cheap to get rid of them since Superlift apparently stopped selling 'em. Appreciate the answer!