Lower Valance HELP! Wrong Fasteners - What are YOU using ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i used to have this nasty looking gap between my front ARB bumper (initially a Tundra 'sahara' model bumper) and i just repainted the truck and including the valance that was never able to sit snugly under my grille.

I was wondering if these fasteners are what you guys are using, as they keep falling out for me and i have tape holding it up currently at the moment while i refinish the bumper (its off the truck right now) and if not can someone help appoint me in the direction of what actually holds it up?

Pretty ugly looking at my oil/trans lines plus i don't want to leave that exposed just for aesthetic reasons.

Here's a pic of the ugly gap - No valance on, and currently refinishing the bumper.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here are pictures of the only pin i had on the valance when i took it off

Here's the valance, i currently have them taped and ^ those fasteners ^ holding it in but won't put my bumper on until i can find the correct fasteners as these ones pop right out and i don't want to have a saggy valance, nor loose it on the street.

If anyone can please let me know how they're holding there valance up on there obs i would widely appreciate it!

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.
:mexsmoke:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I think these hold the best Because It's a ****** trying to get them off.

These were new before I put them in my grille filler (after I painted my filler). This is after you pull them out once. You can maybe get two uses out of these. They aint the same after the first push in though.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put nuts bolts and washers

Yeah i was going to do that but tried picking up some clips from o reilly's that matched the one i had left but they didn't hold.

ArcticFox, Those look like it would hold a lot better.. I guess the only thing to ask is if it held the valance snug, no wiggle, sagging ?
That also goes to you KReePiN, How does your valance hold up ?
Could you snag a quick pic of it too just to get an idea if it holds any different from the plastic fasteners.

Thanks for the responses guy's :cheers:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was snug didn't move at all.... only thing is make sure you buy the right size tree push-in. too big to small won't work right.

ARTEMIS1759

Reaction score
From working in a detail shop/body shop, from experience, the fastners you had are the biggest joke on the market (even though every freakin' car enginee thinks they are brilliant, as most new cars use them). We end up buyin' new ones every time cuz they stretch. The treestyle is good if you don't plan to ever remove them (unless you buy a tool to do so and gently pry, which is still a crap shoot). When I start replacing them on my Blazer most will be nuts and bolts or J clips and body bolts because it may take longer but if I have to disassemble it again I won't have to buy new hardware. Just my 2 cents.