Lost Front Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So about that . If I unplug the abs I'm sure the light will come on. If I plug it back in does it turn of? Or have to be reset?

CKVortec

Indian name is "Walks on Knuckles"
Reaction score
So about that . If I unplug the abs I'm sure the light will come on. If I plug it back in does it turn of? Or have to be reset?
I disable mine for plowing in the winter, the trouble light will clear as soon as you power it back up. Just pull the underhood fuse, large 60 amp if I remember correctly.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I disable mine for plowing in the winter, the trouble light will clear as soon as you power it back up. Just pull the underhood fuse, large 60 amp if I remember correctly.

Awesome. Thanks. Second question when I release the brakes something shifts or clunks I think it's the trans yoke. I was gonna pull it out and lubricate it as a test. Will transfluid come out? Or will I break the seal and need a new one?

CKVortec

Indian name is "Walks on Knuckles"
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. Second question when I release the brakes something shifts or clunks I think it's the trans yoke. I was gonna pull it out and lubricate it as a test. Will transfluid come out? Or will I break the seal and need a new one?
sorry I didn't reply sooner, your slip yoke doesn't need lubrication, because yes, transmission fluid will come out. you should be able to reuse the seal if you are careful putting the slip yoke back in and keep it clean.
a clunk when you release the brakes is most likely going to be in the brakes or maybe a leaf spring slapping.
generally u-joints or driveline slop will clunk when you put it in gear, not when you let off on the brakes.
Figure out if it's coming from the front or rear.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry I didn't reply sooner, your slip yoke doesn't need lubrication, because yes, transmission fluid will come out. you should be able to reuse the seal if you are careful putting the slip yoke back in and keep it clean.
a clunk when you release the brakes is most likely going to be in the brakes or maybe a leaf spring slapping.
generally u-joints or driveline slop will clunk when you put it in gear, not when you let off on the brakes.
Figure out if it's coming from the front or rear.

Feels like rear