Lost Front Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front passenger line was rubbing on the inside of the wheel and sprung a leak. Thank God it ruptured while I was stopped and not traveling fast. I know the front and back are separate systems but with no front pressure my pedal would go easily to the floor and it wasn't till the last inch of travel before my back brakes did anything. And did very little. Does that sound like the backs are behaving normally?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the rear brakes activate before the front does. At least when braking hard lol. I was messing around a while back and was "brake testing " my brakes and the rears would lock up and the front would grab slower I think. I was also going about 60mph and would jam the brakes. First thing first though. Get new lines bleed the hole system. Then retest. If you got abs. That can also change brake performance

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The front passenger line was rubbing on the inside of the wheel and sprung a leak. Thank God it ruptured while I was stopped and not traveling fast. I know the front and back are separate systems but with no front pressure my pedal would go easily to the floor and it wasn't till the last inch of travel before my back brakes did anything. And did very little. Does that sound like the backs are behaving normally?

My Saturn lost almost all braking when I had a line rupture too. I was quite surprised by that, and the Saturn has 4 lines coming from the master cylinder.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I thought the rear brakes activate before the front does. At least when braking hard lol. I was messing around a while back and was "brake testing " my brakes and the rears would lock up and the front would grab slower I think. I was also going about 60mph and would jam the brakes. First thing first though. Get new lines bleed the hole system. Then retest. If you got abs. That can also change brake performance

The rear lock up because of weight transfer to the front.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

It's been my experience that only the 8 luggers will lock the rears before the front and that the 6 luggers will never do that. Except mine because I have an 8 lug MC and hydroboost with 9.5" rear.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been my experience that only the 8 luggers will lock the rears before the front and that the 6 luggers will never do that. Except mine because I have an 8 lug MC and hydroboost with 9.5" rear.

I got neither lol. 5 lug and this happened to me. I bet it's because I back up to park a lot so the drums could be adjusted to much

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They won't self adjust, let alone over adjust.

I'll try to record it some time then:) all I know is I was going fast on a road. Jammed the brakes and the rears locked funny thing is the abs didnt kick on. Other times I messed around the abs would kick on and the rears didnt lock.