lord have mercy on my soul lol, blinker problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mason91

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

made a video for you guys because i didnt want to slam ya'll with a wall of text.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like it almost has to be a ground issue somewhere.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the ground near the headlight, take it off and make sure it's good. Does the taillight work right? Could be a problem in the circuit board back there.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well you're getting power to it, so the only issues it could be is the wiring leading up to it (hot wire) or power leaving it (ground wire... I'm not original, df2x4 beat me here again). Pull out the multimeter and see what voltage you're getting at the positive, if you're getting the 12+V you need, then the problem is with the ground. I couldn't get sound on the video, so I'm not sure if you explained anything we're guessing at, but if every other light is working correctly, it's a bad connection either leading up to, or leaving that bulb.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And... I'm an idiot, had to switch audio to my desk speakers instead of the living room.

Anyways, after hearing the audio and you explaining that the headlight is also dim, I would be more inclined to believe it's a ground issue (again, df2x4 said this before). I would still use a multimeter to diagnose.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
couple things..

no led lightbulbs any more, right? make sure theyre all gone since diodes (leDs) only let current travel in one direction and have much less resistance than incandenscents. did the po add big resistors to the flasher wiring? look up front behind the grill to see if there are any aftermarket resistors he added to stop the led lights from hyper flashing..they could be giving you some trouble.

did you swap out the flasher? the gmt400s use an alternating flash pattern between the corner lights and bumper turn signals, the flasher has electronics in it that manage the ground when the parking lights are on when the turns are running. try a stock one to see if it makes any difference.