looking to gain a few easy ponys!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blklime02

Reaction score
hey guys..well since im tryn to fix up this ol beeter of mine...its a 90 1500 with a 350 and a 700r4 i think...and since the valve covers and intake are off..i was thinking if there would be a good easy way to gain some hp out of this tired 350...its fully stock as of now(to my knowledge,bought it from a guy that bought it from another guy,so dont have alot of info on it)

could i change the rockers? probly give it a bit more lift? push rods? lifters? dont really wana go for the cam just yet? idk it would hold up....but if it be an easy task..ill consider it...

oh and by the way..i have it opend up because i had a pesky leak from the back of the intake...

Reaction score
without changing the cam your not going to see a noticable gain for what you are going to spend.for any noticable gain you will need a cam/intake rocker arm combo and you are looking at about 6-700 bucks.for a stock engine like what you have even 1.6 rockers aren't going to give you any gain you can feel and you are looking at around a hundred bucks.i would clean the intake up and put it back on and start on outside bolt ons 1st. chip/underdrives/headers before i spent money on the inside stuff.

blklime02

Reaction score
well im looking on ordering the out side stuff as well...i wouldnt want to start ass backwerds..lol ...i just wanted to do a lil something to these heads be4 i seal them back up....how hard would it be to swap a can in anyways???