Looking to buy a cowl hood, any suggestions on brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to get a custom 2" cowl hood for my truck. There are several on ebay for pretty cheap and other websites too. I was wondering which brand you guys go with for the best fit? Cheaper would be better but if I have to spend a little more to get a better fit I don't mind.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
goodmark i think is the brand youi want to get someone will chime in and verify this but this brand i heard is the best

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My style line hood from Ebay fits great. Much better than the good mark I had on my S10. Click on the link in my sig for pictures in my build thread.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Goodmark is known to be the best cowl for these trucks. It's a steel hood not a fiberglass one. There are others out there though.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine isn't fiberglass. I'm not saying Goodmark is junk, but the Ebay hoods aren't either...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Mine isn't fiberglass. I'm not saying Goodmark is junk, but the Ebay hoods aren't either...

My post was more towards the topic and not your post specifically.

And I don't have anything against eBay hoods. The only thing about them, like most cheap aftermarket things on eBay, its hit and miss a lot of times. I've seen good fitting eBay hoods and I've seen eBay hoods on GMT400s that looked like they were made for a civic.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Styleline hood from Carparts on ebay and am very happy with it.. being that I only paid $187 shipped! :) It's easily a $300 hood.