Looking for wiring diagram for 1996 Chevy Silverado Brake Switch (TCC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonsturm

Reaction score
Looking for wiring diagram for 1996 Chevy Silverado Brake Switch (TCC), any and all help and information is greatly appreciated.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Or someone could just post a frickin image. Has it gotten that hard to help people around here now?

The switch has six wires, two for TCC, two for brake lighting, and two for the shifter interlock.

The following is the brake switch connector pin positions, wire colors, and functions.
A: White - Out to brake lights
B: Orange - Always Hot power in from Stop/Haz fuse 1 in cab fuse panel
C: Purple - Out to PCM/Cruise/ABS brake signal input
D: Brown - Hot in Run power from Brake fuse 18 in cab fuse panel
E: Light Green - from Park/Neutral switch on transmission
F: Dark Green/White - to shifter interlock solenoid

This shows the brake light and TCC switches
This shows the shifter interlock

They aren't shown together in the diagrams but the brake switch is all one module with three switches inside.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Or someone could just post a frickin image. Has it gotten that hard to help people around here now?

The switch has six wires, two for TCC, two for brake lighting, and two for the shifter interlock.

The following is the brake switch connector pin positions, wire colors, and functions.

They aren't shown together in the diagrams but the brake switch is all one module with three switches inside.
If it is so "Frikin" easy why did you not post the image smart ass. I gave him the information that he needs to look up the manual so that he can down load what he needs.
I don't have a use for the manual that he needs so there is no reason for me to look it up, down load it and then post the diagram that he asked about. There is also no need for your snark.:upyours:

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Service manuals:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If it is so "Frikin" easy why did you not post the image smart ass. I gave him the information that he needs to look up the manual so that he can down load what he needs.
I don't have a use for the manual that he needs so there is no reason for me to look it up, down load it and then post the diagram that he asked about. There is also no need for your snark.:upyours:
I did post the images, read my post.

It's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass. You've proven which way you go.

Paytonsturm

Reaction score

Thank you for the help!