Looking for windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can get a windshield with a built in antenna for my 1997 Tahoe/
Thanks in Advance

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know but I've been looking at this one for my 88 whose mast antenna sucks!

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...c1500-pickup-rwd?q=antenna+-+universal&pos=53

Just out of curiosity have you checked all the wiring and connections? I'm sure you probably have but I had to mention it. My red truck's antenna was the same way until the last time my mechanic was behind the dash. Turns out one of the antenna connections had worked its way loose. He spotted it and plugged it back in for me, great reception ever since.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity have you checked all the wiring and connections? I'm sure you probably have but I had to mention it
Yeah, it's a powered antenna.

Turns out one of the antenna connections had worked its way loose
I checked mine out and even added a ground at the base to the fender. That helped a little but, out here in BFE, not enough. Right now I have a flexible one that is zip tied to the defrost vent pointing up towards the mirror. Looks like sh*t but works great.

Just make sure you mount in vertical orientation because all FM transmitters transmit with vertically polarized E-field.
I didn't know that:hmm:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People still listen to terrestrial radio? :p
Yes. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Can't bluetooth Spotify from my phone when T-Mobile's "nationwide network" is only kinda-nationwide. Drove to Mt. Ida, Arkansas a couple weeks ago, and as soon as I turned off I-40 my phone reception went dead and I heard banjos playing.