Looking for advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floutlaws

Reaction score
I have picked up a big block TBI (free) and the intake has to be bored out, is it worth spending the money on the aluminum intake or just keep the factory one. Like every one else I would like the most BANG for the buck. I plan on a Cam would like a nice “lumpy” one but not real sure what way to turn. Will the heads from a 1987 Trans Am 305 fit on a Chevy 350 from 1993? If not is there any way to get the stock heads to work better? I picked up a set of shorty headers (before I found the heads)I kind of like the sound of the cherry bomb mufflers with 2 ½ inch pipe dropping down just before the rear end. I’m looking for ideas also for the computer to make up for the cam and injector. I have the cowl induction hood we are making functional. I guess I trying to find out if I’m on the right path with this, I’m looking for a good running truck that is reliable and fun (er) to drive.

Thanks

floutlaws

Reaction score
I have a small block 5.7, the TBI unit I picked up is for a big block. From what I understand you can have your intake bored out so the unit will fit on right. I also found this sight but I dont no anything about it http://www.rvmorsemachine.com/
Im just trying to get my ducks in a row, get all the parts then start the up grade..
Thanks