Locking Fuel Tank Door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty_Finn

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Does anybody know where I could buy a quality locking fuel door? I live in a less than ideal neighborhood and have had my tank siphoned in the past. I'm not a big fan of locking caps, because of past experience with quality. (corrosion/cold issues) I haven't been able to find any posts about this particular subject that are recent/have working links.

Thanks in advance!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know any good locking doors but it's too bad you cant move the filler hose too a different hidden location and leave your current door on and have it run to a gallon of water lol. Next time they siphon it they'll have a surprise

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was hoping for something close to bolt on, but if I can't go that route, I'll have to take the time to fabricate it myself. I work in the aviation world, and have been looking at modding an aircraft fuel cap into that location. Now to dig one up at a bone yard...

Aviation that's awesome. My experience is limited for fuel caps. But never seen a lockable for gmt400. Fuel doors I would think somebody makes it but I know that was popular in the 80s... again never seen one. But it would be cool if you had a cable lock like modern cars or a key one. I work on diesels so never seen aviation ones. Sounds cool if you do make one. Sorry it's not the answer your looking for. I would think if there's is something out there I could see it be custom and having you change the door and the black housing around the filler tube. Either way send pics I got a suburban and may have to protect my 44g fuel tank one day lol. Oh also you can always wire a sensor to the door and have it go to a train horn until you get it figured.... good luck

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you can really jury-rig it and rivet on a hasp and use a master padlock. You can shoot one of those with a 7MM Mag and it won't open, or at least, that's what the commercials in the 80's said :head3:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like pickup diesels or Class 6,7,8 diesels?

Sorry fairly new to the industry like semis, I work on volvo, kw, international, and freight liner. Right now they've got me working on trailers lol. Great dane trailers and dollies.. before this I was doing plumbing around houston lol.. (licensed journeyman)=)