Lock pushed into door key goes in but wont un lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to unlock my drivers side door the other day and when i pushed my key in the lock recessed about a half inch and now i cant get it to turn and unlock my door any help would be a precciated

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to unlock my drivers side door the other day and when i pushed my key in the lock recessed about a half inch and now i cant get it to turn and unlock my door any help would be a precciated

I had that happen a couple months ago when I was struggling to get in after the locks froze. I had to remove the handle from the door to reinstall the cylinder.

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I just had that happen to me today. You have to pull the interior door panel off to reach in and undo one 10mm bolt. The second bolt is right there in the open above the stickers on the door. A ratcheting wrench is handy if you've got one.

I fixed mine, worked on some other stuff, and went to shut the door for the night. When I did I heard the rod connected to the handle come off and now my driver door only opens from the inside. So I'll be redoing it all over again tomorrow.