Light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Dillard

Reaction score
When I put my headlights on my blinkers doesn't work, (2) if I press my brakes the light where my a/c and heaters at goes out, (3) when my blinkers work they are dim and my brake light don't even work. Someone told me it was the alternator?? Any suggestions please.. I have a 88 Chevrolet Silverado C/K1500 GMT400

Reaction score
I was having similar problems not to long ago, try taking a look at your wiring harness coming through the radiator support. The wiring loom on mine had broken down because of age and the metal had chew through a couple of wires there. I would also start checking all your grounds as well. This is what mine looked like.
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I was having similar problems not to long ago, try taking a look at your wiring harness coming through the radiator support. The wiring loom on mine had broken down because of age and the metal had chew through a couple of wires there. I would also start checking all your grounds as well. This is what mine looked like.
You must be registered for see images attach
Ouch! I haven't seen any that bad in a while!

Reaction score
I think it was also a mouse problem, lol. Truck was on a farm not driven on the road in the last 10 years or so.