Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Lmao...

I have a Yukon, but even if it had a 241, I'd still be swapping in a 205, you can't twin stick a 241, and you don't need to SYE a 205...

But of course you can go find a square body half-ton and take the ten bolts or or 12/d44 or even a 3/4 14d44 combo and slam em in there as is and be on the road cheap and quick...

I'm not out to get on the road as cheap and quick as possible with my SAS, I'm doing it the best way I can, within my ability and budget, I can afford three hundred dollar a wheel headlocks, so that's what I'm buying, I want 40" Pit bull Rockers, so that's what I'm getting.... I've already been down the road of throwing chromo at a D44 until I cried... I'm using a D60, ive traced air lines till I cried... Detroit Lockers...

If the truck is your work truck and you NEED it, I highly recommend leaving it alone... Modifying things never goes as planned, or works perfectly... Get another truck altogether for play..
40" pit bull rockers. That, is awesome.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Lmao...

I have a Yukon, but even if it had a 241, I'd still be swapping in a 205, you can't twin stick a 241, and you don't need to SYE a 205...

But of course you can go find a square body half-ton and take the ten bolts or or 12/d44 or even a 3/4 14d44 combo and slam em in there as is and be on the road cheap and quick...

I'm not out to get on the road as cheap and quick as possible with my SAS, I'm doing it the best way I can, within my ability and budget, I can afford three hundred dollar a wheel headlocks, so that's what I'm buying, I want 40" Pit bull Rockers, so that's what I'm getting.... I've already been down the road of throwing chromo at a D44 until I cried... I'm using a D60, ive traced air lines till I cried... Detroit Lockers...

If the truck is your work truck and you NEED it, I highly recommend leaving it alone... Modifying things never goes as planned, or works perfectly... Get another truck altogether for play..
Haha whatever have a good day dude

PCnerd73

Reaction score
I'll just keep reading on here, and hopefully by spring when I have the cash to do everything I can get it done in a weekend. Those pit bull tires look awesome, but I was planning on going with Interco TSL Boggers. They make a 42.5" but I'll need new wheels as well since the stock rims are too narrow.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Boggers work great too, I haven't tried the Pit Bulls yet, thought I'd give em a shot this time around

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I'd still say you're further yet ahead with a body lift and your 35s, it'll look cool, and ride stock...

IMO, if you're not going all the way, you may as well do the cheapest thing... I just cut a buddy's truck for 35's with no kind of lift at all... All he does is two track and light mudding, and his truck is rusty anyway hahaha

My truck rides better than stock with the lift. Doing it the cheap way isn't always the best option either.

I'll just keep reading on here, and hopefully by spring when I have the cash to do everything I can get it done in a weekend. Those pit bull tires look awesome, but I was planning on going with Interco TSL Boggers. They make a 42.5" but I'll need new wheels as well since the stock rims are too narrow.

If you never did a lift before and are doing it on the ground and don't have all the tools, expect longer than a weekend. It took me 25 hrs to do it. At 2-3 hours a day over a 10 day span.

Sent from Robl@nd