Lift knuckles and brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldmember

Reaction score
This is probably my first post here, I’ve been looking for this answer and asked other places and only heard crickets in response. I haven’t looked again for while, but while I’m sitting here getting new tires on my truck I thought I’d get this out there.

so here we go.

1995 k1500 lift and brakes.
We all know factory k1500 brakes sucked, I know I could go with the 1ton (non dually front calippers)

but...I also want to lift, has anyone used a lift knuckle from a gmt-800 and gone from there?
It’s been awhile but I recall the ball joint socket on the 800 knuckle change needs to be reamed out to fit.

has anyone gone this route ? im surprised no lift company made their gmt 400 knuckles to accommodate the 800 callipers, seems like a no brainer.

maybe it’s been done but I could find anything so far

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without a **** ton of work, don’t think many parts off an 800 will fit on a 400. Where you located, I have a lift that I might sell.

goldmember

Reaction score
I’m in Hawaii.

My only reply to that is, the gmt800 brake conversion, it is done a lot on this forum. So why not integrate the two aspects.

somebody has to have thought about it

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
If your not set on a knuckle lift then you can get a full drop kit and use the spindles from the 800 like in the sticky thread. I dont think the lift knuckles would interchange. Neither use the same amount of lift with the 800's using a 6.5" lift iirc and the 6" of the 400s

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen where people will use the lift knuckles for a gmt800 2500hd with the gmt400 k1500 lift kit that way its easier to convert to 8lug up front and then you have 2500hd brakes instead of gmt800 1500 brakes, doubt its just a bolt up swap but I've seen a few of them so it shouldn't be to bad other than the cost of all that.