License plate options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
There are no restrictions if you keep your regular insurance. If you get "collector car" insurance your vehicle is exempt and you can get 5 year registration but, you agree to drive it only to shows or other functions with "occasional" trips to the lumber yard or other hauling. I have Farmers Insurance on my 88, we agreed it's worth $11K, mainly for Comprehensive coverage, I don't carry Collision. They can cancel my insurance if I drive it too much but it's not my DD so, I'm not worried.

After I got my insurance I had to contact MVD and get them to give me that registration. As you can see, mine doesn't show a date when Emissions expire (upper right corner). HTH

You must be registered for see images attach

Awesome, I have collectors through American Modern, I'm not too worried about their restrictions. I have riders for driving to work and to occasional trip to Lowe's. I just renewed the registration for 5 years I wonder if I can switch to the collector plates without too much of a hassle or cost. With COVID going on MVD is a nightmare to get answers from.

That Public Safety fee still ****** me off. Robbed the State Police to give the teachers a raise with the idea he would tax us on services later to make it up. We voted not to allow taxing services so he jammed it in on vehicle registration. Glad we're all paying more so people that already make over the median wage get more money to work just over half the freakin year.

I'm not bitter though..............

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean.

I did all of the registration and Historic Plate through MVD Now except the last part about getting exempt then I tried calling, too long of a wait. Then I found an email address, I sent a copy of the Endorsement, and they got back to me in about a week. Then it took 2 weeks to get the registration and "Tab".

https://azmvdnow.b2clogin.com/azmvd...vdnow.onmicrosoft.com&p=B2C_1_AZMVDNOW_SignUp

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys, now I'm searching eBay for 1997 MO plates. :lol:

We recently passed a bill allowing year of manufacture plates and I had completely forgotten about it. Cool black and white beyond local truck plates, here I come!

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score

LOL, I tired to register mine online and it was asking for the smog test. I've had it under Classic insurance for the previous 4 years. I sent an e-mail and then called at 7:30 in the morning a couple of days later. I was on hold for about 45 minutes, got someone on the line, they waved the late fee and we took care of the registration over the phone. About a month later I got a reply to my e-mail telling me they couldn't help me I would have to call.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's funny! The gal I emailed back and forth really didn't know what she was doing, had to get back to me a couple times before we got it worked out.

I think they were just too lazy to help you out and don't really care!

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
That's funny! The gal I emailed back and forth really didn't know what she was doing, had to get back to me a couple times before we got it worked out.

I think they were just too lazy to help you out and don't really care!

I wouldn't doubt it. I was pretty annoyed and the tone of my email likely showed it LOL.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been looking for someplace the stream that show for the better part of three years now. Loved that show as a kid.

If you're handy with torrents, The Pirate Bay has both seasons available with active seeders in .MP4 format. Disclaimer, only legal if you already own copies. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

If you're looking for something a little more upstanding Netflix has the first season on DVD (if you're one of the few like myself who still have the physical DVD part of the subscription, not just streaming). Amazon has both seasons available for purchase on DVD as well for $55.

I'm gonna check it out, I just read the description on Wikipedia and it sounds like a cool show.