LED headlight bulb replacement install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Will this LED mod work in stock GM housings?
Yeah, but I haven't tried them to see what the pattern and glare is like. TYC Elegante housings have the cap over the tip of the bulb which helps a lot with cutting down glare from straight ahead.

Richard

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot but why we're he elegance headlights so good?? Or the best??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I forgot but why we're he elegance headlights so good?? Or the best??

You mean the TYC Elegantes? IIRC it was a combination of things. Good reflector, glare shield over the low beam bulb (better for HID retrofits), good fitment, and no water leaks. For what it's worth though, Anzo lights cover every one of those bases except the low beam glare shield.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I wonder how they work in winter? Halogens keep the lenses warm and the snow and ice from freezing on them. Anyone have any experience with this?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They don't get hot at all. If you live where you get freezing rain or lots of snow then these aren't a good choice, nor are any of the factory-style LED's like the ones offered that replace the round or rectangular sealed beams.

Richard

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have the cheap Ebay ones in my truck for 2 years now, They don't build a lot of heat, but they do get warm enough to melt snow, but not ice.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder how they work in winter? Halogens keep the lenses warm and the snow and ice from freezing on them. Anyone have any experience with this?
With the exception of really heavy freezing rain which Can ice over most headlights. I've been running leds for a little over 2 years now in alaska winters with no problems.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3