Leak under passenger side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
My box will sweat pretty bad during humid days, which is every day in MS. It will drip onto the floor. Not really any way to fix that unless you got some kind of cover to put around it.
Also yours seems to be leaking more than just sweat off the box.

Maybe it's leaking out somewhere from inside before it goes out the drain

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you will find the solution here and you will be surprised as to what it is. Thanks to @someotherguy for posting it a long time ago. My only contribution is putting it in my "truck" file where I can find it.Quite a few people have cursed over the good old right side leak and found that if they caulk this screw the problem goes away. Let us know if this is it.

You must be registered for see images attach

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My box will sweat pretty bad during humid days, which is every day in MS. It will drip onto the floor. Not really any way to fix that unless you got some kind of cover to put around it.
Also yours seems to be leaking more than just sweat off the box.

Maybe it's leaking out somewhere from inside before it goes out the drain
No doubt on the Mississippi thing lmao I live around gulfport how bout u

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today it’s not leaking near as bad just a little sweat near the back of the box. Whatever I did in the box yesterday def helped. I’ll let y’all know if it starts back

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today it’s not leaking near as bad just a little sweat near the back of the box. Whatever I did in the box yesterday def helped. I’ll let y’all know if it starts back
Glad to hear it. Thanks for posting after the solve, not enough people do that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Funny enough, I noticed the exact same thing in my truck this evening. I had defrost (AC button off) on the 35 minute drive home with the windows down (extremely humid today). The floor mat wasn’t wet but the box was sweating. I will blow out that drain tube tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Huh.. I've never had this problem on my '89 (the only one with working A/C, currently.) I'll have to check back in the summer. I did just caulk the screw Eveready mentioned though.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh.. I've never had this problem on my '89 (the only one with working A/C, currently.) I'll have to check back in the summer. I did just caulk the screw Eveready mentioned though.
Now that this has been solved, I've got a minor annoyance on my HVAC that I could use some help with. My 97 K1500 doesn't really switch between the different modes all that well (defrost, floor, etc.). No matter what setting I have it set on, air comes out of all 3 ducts. It will blow strongest out of the duct selected, but still has air going through all of them. Only bothers me when I run the AC in the mornings to clear out the humidity and it makes the windshield sweat. I had the motor that switches between modes replaced when I had the truck in for something else when I first got the truck, but I'm guessing the blend door isn't sealing because the actuator is working. Do I have to pull the dash to get to that part, or is it accessible after pulling the actuator?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guessing the blend door isn't sealing because the actuator is working. Do I have to pull the dash to get to that part, or is it accessible after pulling the actuator?

If it’s adjusting correctly, then it’s probably the dampers as you said. Yes, you have to pull the dash to get them out.

They have rubber edges which can tear over time. Here’s the floor one on my 98 which had a constant leak.

You must be registered for see images