Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to a local spring shop or you’ll spend half as much in shipping as the springs cost.

Personally I recommend going with stock number and size of leafs unless you like your headlights aiming at the ground and the ride quality of a lumber wagon. I also recommend replacing the rear shackles, shackle bolts and of course the u bolts. Bilstein shocks from Z71 package are also worth the money. My ‘94 Sierra handles dirt roads much better than my 2015 Sierra.
I live In long island, there aren't many shops that deal with older vehicles, and if they do.... They charge way more. I also don't have dirt roads around me. I upgraded the rear shocks to billstein lift shocks. I WISH I had stock ride height, I bought the Truck already lifted and it was just problems from the jump.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Different strokes for sure but :imo: they should’ve all come with minimum 4+1 leaf’s.
I'm really considering the 5pack. I just don't necessarily know how to justify it bc I don't tow or frequently carry heavy load. And like I said earlier, don't know how it'd work with the lift block. If I have to buy a smaller block, it's probably not worth it as I'm trying to fix the truck on a budget.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Its a good looking truck with a MINT frame. I know we have tried to convince you in previous threads to get some tools and start doing stuff on your own. That advice is still valid here. Rear leaf spring components are a great entry-level project for a weekend driveway fix. Just a thought.

langkg

Reaction score
I'm really considering the 5pack. I just don't necessarily know how to justify it bc I don't tow or frequently carry heavy load. And like I said earlier, don't know how it'd work with the lift block. If I have to buy a smaller block, it's probably not worth it as I'm trying to fix the truck on a budget.
It’s up to you and what your goals are for the truck. Best ride and performance is going to be stock. I can’t overemphasize that. If you’re looking for lift and don’t need the load capacity then go with high arch springs in the rear. Sounds like you already have some sort of lift kit up front? I don’t know anything about your truck

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a good looking truck with a MINT frame. I know we have tried to convince you in previous threads to get some tools and start doing stuff on your own. That advice is still valid here. Rear leaf spring components are a great entry-level project for a weekend driveway fix. Just a thought.
I've taken that advice, Ive done quite a few things since I got it back from the shop. I'll be tackling some stuff in the morning as well. I fully planned on replacing the springs on my own, just didn't know if I should just do the entire set up or just start with bushings.
It’s up to you and what your goals are for the truck. Best ride and performance is going to be stock. I can’t overemphasize that. If you’re looking for lift and don’t need the load capacity then go with high arch springs in the rear. Sounds like you already have some sort of lift kit up front? I don’t know anything about your truck
Its a 98 k1500 I bought with an already installed rc 2.5"-3" torsion/block lift. My goals are just to get it to best possible daily driver condition as possible without breaking the bank. I baught the truck in August for 4k and put almost 3k into it just chasing down an alignment issue. This forums been a huge help in helping fixing things myself.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
So do I understand right that gmt800 springs fit our trucks? Mine is a 92 RCLB 2wd. Any reason Belltech lowering springs for a 2000-2006 truck would not work? Specifically Belltech 5952 springs "Fits: 1999-2006 GM Silverado/Sierra 1500 (Std & Ext Cabs) 2WD Only"