leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
hi uh im sorry if this is a stupid question i just dont now much about suspension. so are my leaf spring supposed to look like this or do i need to replace them
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Other than the rust they look OK to me. I'd be more worried about your shocks and the exhaust that's rotting away.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
thanks man, and yea ive patched my exaust 12 times and it still leaks but im savin for 3" duals. as for the shocks ill probably just pick up a new to me set from the junkyard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks man, and yea ive patched my exaust 12 times and it still leaks but im savin for 3" duals. as for the shocks ill probably just pick up a new to me set from the junkyard

No problem! I'd be careful with pulling parts like shocks from a yard, though. Not saying it can't be done if you get lucky and find some near new, but my guess is 90% of what you're going to find will be just as pooched as what you take off. If you really want an improvement I'd grab some new Bilstein HDs, I have them on both of my trucks and they're awesome. Standard equipment on Z71s from the factory and you can get a set on eshocks.com for around $300.