LBZ SWAP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The reason a 12 valve is easier is because of the lack of electronics

sent from my outdated S3

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the time and knowledge to do the lbz, id go for it, going to be an electronic nightmare, but, anything can be done!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I honestly dont think the electronics would be that bad no worse than an LS swap

sent from my outdated S3

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For me any electronics is a nightmare unless i get the whole harness and everything right in front of me. Lol. Next thing would be plumbing that bad boy in there

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
In order to make it work you have to have the duramax gauge cluster or do a complete dash swap

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Or after market guages would work

sent from my outdated S3

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah yolo! Lmao

sent from my outdated S3

ernjohn

Reaction score
the whole swap sounds possible. I'd recommend that you grab: the entire wiring harness, computer, drivetrain (minus front end / rear end), fuel lines, gauges, and fuel tank - or as much of that as you can from the donor vehicle.

and... take plenty of pics for a write-up.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
the whole swap sounds possible. I'd recommend that you grab: the entire wiring harness, computer, drivetrain (minus front end / rear end), fuel lines, gauges, and fuel tank - or as much of that as you can from the donor vehicle.

and... take plenty of pics for a write-up.

I would just get the entire donor vehicle, and once finished, part out what you don't use.

It can save hundreds, or even thousands, just in the little stupid odds and ends you don't think of.