Kyles 1991 K1500 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle8595

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to have input back from others, that's why it's here not the build thread place.

My buddies dad bought this 1991 K1500 ext cab short bed 5 speed 4x4 w/ 350 new & was gonna scrap the truck about a month ago & untold him I would buy it for scrap price, him claiming it needs a fuel pump. It needs cabs corners also.

You must be registered for see images attach

I got it home and pulled off the bed and it had a hole in the fuel tank, so I bought a new fuel tank, sending unit and fuel pump

As you can also see I painted the frame

Them I turned the key and it started right up, so I put plug wires, plugs, air filter, oil , oil filter, battery and wiper blades .

Sure enough about 3 days days ago I'm at autozone getting new vacuum lines cause it's idling high and i replace them in the parking lot and then the truck won't start and I can't figure out why. I finally got it to start and it ran horrible , wouldn't idle or stop bogging until half throttle . I got it home and found it it was the engine coolant temp sensor. Now al is good