Kodiak/Topkick Exterior Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Fyi I cant tell you exactly how to modify the stock rod you'll just have to look it over and play with it.

One thing I can tell you is the neck that 90's to the latch mechanism on the actual handle has to be be 180* in the opposite direction. Which essentially rotates the entire stock rod. That is after shortening the rod length some small amount.

You have to keep in mind with all the bends (which do not have to be perfect) you have to keep it long enough to never fall out of the lock mechanism spring receiver when it is upswing but short enough to still make the full travel without bottoming out while depressing the spring loaded latch mechanism fully.

Read that a couple times after you look at it and you'll get what is being said.

I found that out after my pass side froze up on me the next day after I installed and it was not working. I now know to remove a door handle with a door locked closed however...

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fyi I cant tell you exactly how to modify the stock rod you'll just have to look it over and play with it.

One thing I can tell you is the neck that 90's to the latch mechanism on the actual handle has to be be 180* in the opposite direction. Which essentially rotates the entire stock rod. That is after shortening the rod length some small amount.

You have to keep in mind with all the bends (which do not have to be perfect) you have to keep it long enough to never fall out of the lock mechanism spring receiver when it is upswing but short enough to still make the full travel without bottoming out while depressing the spring loaded latch mechanism fully.

Read that a couple times after you look at it and you'll get what is being said.

I found that out after my pass side froze up on me the next day after I installed and it was not working. I now know to remove a door handle with a door locked closed however...
From what ive read elsewhere. If u cut approximately 1/2” off and rotate it other direction it will work ; correct ?

Jvalaniz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• B9768563-3CE4-4CEE-9189-A5BC57DB1099.jpeg
    B9768563-3CE4-4CEE-9189-A5BC57DB1099.jpeg
    854.7 KB · Views: 8