Kodiak/Topkick Exterior Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just remember if you get these Topkick/Kodiak/3500HD handles, you need the rods that go with them too. The two short rods that go to the latch/lock mechanism are very different with these handles.

Richard

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Just remember if you get these Topkick/Kodiak/3500HD handles, you need the rods that go with them too. The two short rods that go to the latch/lock mechanism are very different with these handles.

Richard

Are they better than the pieces of **** that come from the factory? :lol:

Sent from the Green Mile

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're freaking monsters actually, but for some reason I can't see them looking good on anything but a dually.

Problem with being really strong, is if some ******* tries to break into your door the usual way by prying behind the handle, the base of these handles cover more of the hole in the door (there's some overlap) so as they fail to make headway...and go nuts trying to pry behind the handle, eventually breaking it...they will generally destroy the freaking door, too:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

hzemall

Reaction score
Anyone that has done this swap, do you need to buy all the parts on the list on the first page or will some of them still work?

Got the handles, just need some parts.....

Thanks

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone that has done this swap, do you need to buy all the parts on the list on the first page or will some of them still work?

Got the handles, just need some parts.....

Thanks

You will need the rods. If you didn't break the metal clasps taking your old handles off, you can reuse those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
They're freaking monsters actually, but for some reason I can't see them looking good on anything but a dually.

Problem with being really strong, is if some ******* tries to break into your door the usual way by prying behind the handle, the base of these handles cover more of the hole in the door (there's some overlap) so as they fail to make headway...and go nuts trying to pry behind the handle, eventually breaking it...they will generally destroy the freaking door, too:

Richard

I can agree they look right at home on a dually. I liked them on my extended long SRW as well but they were a little more out of place. I never put them on my 88, i think they are too much for that truck.

Build/function though is above and beyond the other handles.

domcan1000

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone tried to chrome these to make them look something like the older style c10 handles? I really like the look and feel of those old handles and I feel like this might be a really cool look to the OBS trucks but I'm not completely sure yet whether I will like it or not..I'm going to play with photoshop and see what I can come up with but I was wondering if anyone else might have thought about it in that way? I saw a picture of a truck that had them two toned on another forum...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reviving and old thread....sorry. I'm a fairly new GMT400 owner so all of this is still new to me.

If anyone has a source for the rods I'd be willing to pay you for your time and effort to get them for me. I already have the driver side rod that goes between the handle and the latch. I just the the other three at this point.

Edit: I think those two tone handles look awesome on a white truck.

95k1500

Reaction score
Updating this old thread. As some others here have mentioned in other posts, GM has discontinued the following part numbers:

I called around today and had a few dealers who could see available stock nation-wide. Nada.
So it looks like salvage yard searching from here....