Knowledge is power, Steering coulmn part numbers and information.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I ran across some info that saved me some cash and headaches so I want to share it/ post it here so if someone else does a search it will come up. My truck has 290K on it and I figured since the drive train is new I'd change the loose steering gear. The gear led to the XJ Jeep shaft and when I installed it I found my lower column beaning was pretty much gone. I've never ran into a lower support that was a bearing. All the columns I've repaired were just plastic bushings. My parts program program listed a GM part 7805822 adapter. I ordered that and found it also took a roller ball bearing and of course it was separate. The GM number for the bearing is 7805700 and my cost was $53. Pretty damn expensive IMO. Doing a little Google research with the GM number I found Jeep uses the same part on a bunch of their vehicles. The Jeep number is J4486713 and cost me $21. It's a direct replacement for the GM part. I would guess they are made by the same supplier. I hope this saves someone a few buck.